Scheduling Information For Next Year Grade 10 - 12
January 17 -23 - Teachers communicate course recommendations for next year with students
January 23 - February 11 - Teachers input recommendations in Genesis
February 12 - 18 - Parents/Students view recommendations and select elective requests in the parent portal
Student / Counselor Schedule Meetings
February 19 - March 2 - Counselors schedule the class of 2021
March 4 - 13 - Counselors schedule the class of 2022
March 18- 25 - Counselors schedule the class of 2023
March 13 - March 25 - Waiver window #1
(Email your signed waiver form to your child's counselor. You can use your phone to take a picture of the signed form and email it.
May 20 - May 29- Waiver window #2
June 8 - Deadline for independent study/ lab assistant (see your counselor for required forms prior to this date)
It is recommended to follow the recommendations made by your teachers. These recommendations are made with knowledge of the student as well as the requirements of the CHS courses. If a student decides to waive into a higher level a request for a waiver form must be made to the supervisor of the department. Supervisor Contact Information Can Be Found Here.
- A student who waives into a course must remain in that course for the first half of semester 1. The ability to drop to a lower level is dependent upon the availability of open seats. The grade that the student earned in the higher-level course follows the student to the new course.
- Waivers may be requested beginning March 13 and must be signed and returned to your counselor by March 25 at 3:00 p.m.
- A second waiver window will open from May 20 - May 29 This is after the master schedule has been built. Waivers will be subject to the availability of open seats during this window.
- Summer Waivers:
1. There is a rationale for the decision to waive. For example, the student completed a summer course that prepared him/her for the course requesting a waiver. There is an extenuating circumstance regarding why a waiver should be considered.2. There are open seats in the course that the student is requesting a waiver for. Waivers will not be processed until the third week of August. Students will remain on a waitlist until that time.
By completing this form you are stating that you and your child understand the waiver process and have read these stipulations.
1. If the student wants to move after a marking period, the change will be made only if seats are available to accommodate the request (more than one change in the student’s schedule may be required)2. The grades earned in the waived course will follow the student to the new placement.3. A disproportionate amount of assistance will not be provided by the teacher for a student who waives into a course.