Girls Indoor Track
Morris County Championships
The girls varsity track team competed in the Morris County Championship meet last night at Ocean Breeze in Staten Island. We had multiple athletes score in the top 6 and earn medals, while many others ran personal record (PR)/season best times on one of the fastest tracks we will compete on this season.
- Lauren Clark - 6th place, 55mHH - 8.97 seconds
- Sarah Petitjean - 4th place, 1000m - 3:09.25 (PR)
- Katie Caracciolo, Karen Cashel, Sarah Petitjean, & Jess Vespasiano - 5th place, 4x400 - 4:21.48 (PR)
Personal records & season best times:
- Ashley Smith ran a PR time in the 1600 taking 12 seconds off her previous time. Ashley finished in a time of 4:45.47
- Paige DiBiase - PR 600m with a time of 1:53.39
- Katie Caracciolo - PR 600m with a time of 1:46.71 finishing 7th place
- Jess Vespasiano - PR 300m with a time of 44.32 finishing in 7th place
- Karen Cashel - PR 300m with a time of 46.46
- Melina Panagakos - PR 300m with a time of 46.14
- Alexa Lee - PR 1000m with a time of 3:21.12
- Albane Marion - Season best 3200m with a time of 13:56
- Alice Marion - Season best 3200m with a time of 13:56
- Aidan Walsh - Season best 3200m with a time of 13:45
The girls winter track team finished their last track meet at Drew University for the season yesterday with the freshman/sophomore championships.
The sophomore girls had outstanding performances by all athletes which led them to being the 2020 sophomore girls champions! The Cougars definitively won the championship meet with 56 points over West Morris Central (46 points). The top 6 athletes in each event both scored & received medals.
The freshman girls came in 6th place overall with a score of 22 points out of 14 teams.
Freshman - 5th place overall with 22 points
- 55m HH: Ellie Herr 4th place 10.69 (4 points)
- 1600m: Kate Pickett 3rd place 6:27.62 (6 points), Annie Hallahan 4th place 6:27.88 (4 points), Maddie Engelkraut 6:28.09 5th (2 points)
- A team: Maddie Engelkraut, Sam Poillucci, Ellie Herr, Sophie Davenport 4th place 4:52.88 (4 points)
- B team: Grace Monks, CJ Williams, Baker Carroll, Annie Hallahan 5th place 5:08.22 (2 points)
2020 Sophomore Champions with 56 points
- Elyse Panagakos: Sophomore hurdle champion with a time of 9.14 (10 points)
- Katie O´Neill: 5th place 55m HH with a time of 10.42 (2 points)
- Sarah Petitjean: 1600m sophomore champion with a time of 5:36.99 (10 points)
- 55m dash: 3rd place Elyse Panagakos with a time of 8.06 (6 points)
- 300m dash: 4th place Karen Cashley with a tim of 47.03 (4 points)
- Sarah Petitjean - 1000m sophomore champion with a time of 3:15.56 (10 points)
- 4x400 - 3rd place: Karen Cashel, Katie OŃeill, Alice Marion, & Elyse Panagakos with a time of 4:43.91 (6 points)
- High Jump - 2nd place Elyse Panagakos with a jump of 4-08 (8 points & a season best)
Morris County Relays
The girls track team finished in 5th place out of 15 teams at the Morris County Relays last night at Drew University. The team scored 23 points and was only separated from 4th place by 1 point and 3rd place by 3 points. At this championship meet varsity relays only received medals for the top 3 finishers but the top 6 earned points for the team.
4x200 - 2nd place (8 points): Maya Lee, Sophia Lally, Melina Panagakos, & Jess Vespasiano with a time of 1:52.63
Shuttle hurdles - 4th place (4 points): Melina Panagakos, Elyse Panagakos, Katie O'Neill, & Lauren Clark with a time of 35.64
Distance Medley - 4th place (4 points): Katie Caracciolo, Karen Cashel, Paige DeBiase, & Sarah Petitjean with a time of 13:38.28
4x400 - 4th place (4 points): Sarah Petitjean, Maya Lee, Karen Cashel, & Jess Vespasiano with a time of 4:24.1
High Jump - 5th place (2 points) : Elyse Panagakos & Melina Panagakos with a combined jump of 9-04 feet.
Shot Put - 6th place (1 point): Cat Madden & Christine Madden with a combined throw of 58-07.25 feet
JV 4x800 - 3rd place: Sam Poillucci, Kate Pickett, Izzy Spagnuolo, & Julia Hearne with a time of 11:42.88
Sarah Petitjean with a PR time of 13:38.28 in the 1600m leg of the DMR.
Alexa Lee with a PR time of 2:40 in the 4x800.
Melina Panagakos with a season best jump of 4-10 in the high jump.
Christine Madden with a season best of 28-06 in the shot put.
Cat Madden with a season best of 30-05 in the shot put.
Kate Pickett with a PR time in the JV 4x800 with a time of 2:48.5
Ashley Smith with a PR time in the 4x800 with a time of 2:42
Veronia Hodapp with a season best time in the 4x800 with a time of 2:43.5
Morris County Frosh/Soph Relay Championships
Our freshman/sophomore athletes had the first of two meets that are specifically designed for them to compete today at Drew University. We had many strong performances on and off the track along with some medal winning teams.
Medal Winning Performances:
We are lucky enough to have two shuttle hurdle teams made up of underclassmen. Our first team which consists of, Elyse Panagakos, Katie O'Neill, Ellie Herr, & Emma Nevin took the 3rd place medal home with a time of 39.23 seconds.
The girls distance medley finished with a time of 14:22.83 and took home the 4th place medal. This team consisted of Sarah Petitjean, Karen Cashel, Maddie Engelkraut, & Kate Pickett.
Cliff Back Invitational - January 2nd, Drew University
The girls track team had their first, first place finish of the season in the 55m dash. Maya Lee qualified for the finals in a time of 7.72. During the finals she ran an impressive PR time of 7.66 to secure first place.
Sophia Lally was not far behind during the 55m dash in 2nd place. Sophia qualified for the finals with a time of 7.70 and during the finals ran a time of 7.68. Congratulations Maya & Sophia!
Lauren Clark continued her hurdling medal streak with another 2nd place medal. Lauren qualified in a time of 8.95 and in the finals finished in 9.08
Jess Vespasiano ran her season best time in the open 400m run with 64.99 seconds which landed her a 4th place finish.
The 4x400 team composed of, Sarah Petitjean, Maya Lee, Spencer Darby, & Jess Vespasiano finished in 3rd place with a time of 4:24. This was only one second off their season best of 4:23.
Pietrewicz Polar Bear Invitational
The girls track team competed in NYC today at the New Balance Center. This is one of the fastest tracks our athletes will have the opportunity to run on. This led to many PR's and strong performances! Meet highlights are below:
- The girls shuttle hurdle team that consists of, Elyse Panagakos, Lauren Clark, Melina Panagakos, & Katie O'Neill finished in 6th place with a season best of 36.06.
- Lauren Clark qualified for the finals of the 55m hurdles with a PR time of 8.99. During the finals she crushed her PR running 8.88 seconds and finishing in 2nd place!
- Sophia Lally qualified for the finals of the 55m dash running 7.66 seconds. In the finals she clocked in at 7.64 seconds.
- Karen Cashel ran a PR time in the 300m run finishing in 47.48 seconds.
- The girls 4x200 team dropped 3 seconds off their previous seed time which had been a 1:53.38. The team of, Maya Lee, Sophia Lally, Melina Panagakos, & Jess Vespasiano finished in 9th place with 1:50.92
- The girls 4x400 team made up of Sarah Petitjean, Karen Cashel, Katie Caracciolo, & Jess Vespasiano ran their season best and finished in 5th place with a time of 4:23.52
- Cat Madden came in 9th in the shot put throwing her season best of 30-00 feet.
We returned to the track after a small break for the Racine Invitational today. Below are meet highlights:
- Sprint Medley - 6th place: Jessica Vespasiano, Melina Panagakos, Maya Lee, & Alexa Lee in a time of 4:46.60
- 55m hurdles - 5th place: Elyse Panagakos with a qualifying time of 9.76 and a final time of 9.62
- 55m dash - 5th place: Maya Lee with a qualifying time of 7.88 and a final time of 7.93
- 55m dash - 3rd place: Sophia Lally with a qualifying time of 7.70 and a final time of 7.62
- 800m run - 3rd place: Sarah Petitjean with a time of 2:30.6
- 400m run - 5th place: Jessica Vespasiano with a time of 65.31
- 4x400 relay - 5th place: Sam Teisch, Nate Goldfield, Ellie Herr, & Karen Cashel with a time of 5:02.48
- Shot Put - 7th place: Catherine Madden with a throw of 28-08.5 (season best); 9th place: Christine Madden with a throw of 28-04.25 (season best)
- 55m hurdles: Ellie Herr with a PR time of 11.49 & Hayley Pigntaello with a PR time of 12.55
- 800m run: Julia Hearne with a PR time of 2:58.73
- JV Shot Put: 3rd place Ashley McNelis with a throw of 20-06.75
- JV Shot Put: 5th place Ava lee with a throw of 19-01.25
Gardiner Holiday Relays
- Shuttle Hurdles team - 4th place with a time of 36.08: Melina Panagakos, Elyse Panagakos, Katie O'Neill, & Lauren Clark
- Distance Medley - 4th place with a time of 13:36.79: Sarah Petitjean (1200), Veronica Hodapp (400), Katie Caracciolo (800), & Ashley Smith (1600)
- Varsity 4x200 - 2nd place with a time of 1:53.38: Maya Lee, Melina Panagakos, Sophia Lally, & Jess Vespasiano
- JV 4x200 - 3rd place with a time of 2:07.08: Ava Fekete, Emily Brown, Alyssa Ulla, & Sam Teisch
- Varsity 4x800 - 4th place with a time of 10:55.6: Paige DiBiase, Veronica Hodapp, Samantha Poillucci, & Alexa Lee
- JV 4x800 - 6th place with a time of 12:24.12: Jen McNiff, Julia Hearne, Lara Yacykewych, Ava DiGiovanni
- Girls Sprint Medley - 2nd place with a time of 4:33.07: Jess Vespasiano (400), Elyse Panagakos (200), Lauren Clark (200), Sarah Petitjean (800)
- Varsity 4x400 - 2nd place with a time of 4:33.36: Katie Caracciolo, Maya Lee, Karen Cashley, & Samantha Poillucci
- Ashley Smith with a PR time of 5:52.7 in the 1600m run
- Freshman Samantha Poillucci received 2 medals and had a PR in the 800m run, shaving 6 seconds off of her time from Thursday with a 2:49.5
- Jen McNiff with a PR time of 2:47.9 in the 800m run
- Paige DiBiase with a PR time of 2:38.7 in the 800m run. Paige also took 6 seconds off of her time from Thursday!
- Katie Caracciolo with a PR time in the 800m run with a time of 2:36
Congratulations to everyone for a great first meet! It was a long one, but we had some great performances. Here are some highlights from the DeSchriver Invitational:
- 55m hurdles: 2nd place - Lauren Clark with a qualifying time of 9.2 seconds and a final time of 9.01. This is a big personal record for Lauren!
- 1600m run: 5th place - Sarah Petitjean with a time of 5:41.44
- 55m dash: 5th place - Sophia Lally with a qualifying time of 7.68 and a final time of 7.65
- 55m dash: 7th place - Maya Lee with a qualifying time of 7.84 and a final time of 7.78