Excessive absenteeism and tardiness interferes with your child’s learning. You will be notified when your child’s absences or tardies become a disruption to the educational process. Please call the attendance number each time your child will be absent or tardy for school or log onto Genesis to input your child’s attendance. The phone number to call in your child’s attendance is 973-457-2507, then press 1.
Lafayette uses the School Messenger System to contact the families of students who are not verified during the morning attendance. If we do not hear back from a family member, the police may be contacted to ensure that a student is not missing.
If your child is absent for two consecutive days, homework may be requested from the nurse at the time you call your child’s absence into the school. Homework will be ready for pick up after school from 3:30 to 4:00pm.
All parents and students will be informed of any classroom parties or events where food is being served. Our policy for bringing food into the classroom is as follows:
- The homeroom teachers will reach out to the Class Parents at least one week before the classroom party and inform them of any classroom allergies and date of the party.
- Forty-eight hours before the party, room parents will share the party menu with the parents and teacher via email.
- All items for the party should be bought from a store. Homemade treats are not allowed.
- When sharing the item and ingredient information via email, a picture or link to the company website should be provided.
- Students are welcome to bring in their own snack as long as the snack is permitted into the classroom environment (i.e., peanut free classroom, etc.)