Please use the Parent Portal to record your child's absences. Any students' absence that is not recorded by you in the Parent Portal will be marked unverified. If your child is unverified, an automated call will be placed to confirm your child's whereabouts.
- Log into the Parent Portal
- Select the Attendance Tab
- Select Notify the Attendance Office Tab
- Use the drop-down selection to mark your child absent
- Enter date
- Choose student name
- State reason for the absence
- Click green submit button to post attendance
There will be a daily requirement for parents to complete a health screening of their children each morning before school in the Parent Portal. Failure to complete this check will impact your child's ability to begin the day.
If you forget to complete this form, your child will be pulled from line up or class, they will undergo a temperature check, and be asked to wait under the LAF front awning. They will be under the supervision of Officer Charlie while the office staff contacts parents.
Please prepare to make this part of your daily school routine by adding it to your digital calendar or notifications. These procedures will ensure all children are coming to school safely and healthy. Thank you for your cooperation.
With over 600 students enrolled in LAF, we have many cars and bikes to manage at the beginning and end of the day. Please be patient and be kind to our supervisors and each other during these busy times.
We use the high school circle for parent pick up and drop off. This leaves the LAF circle open for the buses and keeps the area safe for our walking and biking students.
Morning Drop Off
- Please enter the high school driveway that is across from/near Maple Street.
- Drive across the front of the high school and turn right into the large circle.
- All cars should pull up as far as possible before stopping to allow your child out of the car.
- Your child can get out of the car once you pass the Buildings and Grounds driveway and you have pulled up as far as you can.
- Please do not wait for your child to get closer to the front of the car line before getting out of the car.
- When you wait, it delays and disrupts the flow of traffic.
Afternoon Pick Up
- At the end of the day, our students use multiple exits to leave the building. All students getting picked up will assemble in front of the high school auditorium.
- Supervisors will assist parents and students during pick-up from the car line.
- Do not get out of your car and use caution when pulling away.
- You may use the high school parking lot to park beginning at 1:00 p.m.
- If you use this option, you have to get out of the car to pick up your child near the high school.
- Children will not be allowed to cross the driveway and walk through the parking lot alone. Please respect the supervisor as she enforces these safety rules.
There is a bike rack in front of the school (near the front door) and the back of the school for student bikes. Please provide your child with a lock for their bike.