FDU Middle College Program
Chatham High School has partnered with Fairleigh Dickenson University to offer students the opportunity to take credit-bearing college courses at Chatham High School.
The following courses are eligible for dual credit enrollment:
CHS Course: Entrepreneurship, Teacher: Mr. Ahsler
FDU Credit: Entrepreneurship
CHS Course: TV Production, Teacher: Mr. Henderson
FDU Course: Television Production III
CHS Course: Short Films, Teacher: Mr. Henderson
FDU Course: Filmmaking
CHS Course: Design Studio, Teacher: Mr. Mariano
FDU Course: Intro to Architecture / Engineering Design
Students enrolled in these courses at Chatham High School will be provided with information by their teacher regarding enrollment in dual credit at FDU.
FAIRLEIGH DICKINSON UNIVERSITY
MIDDLE COLLEGE PROGRAM
1. Middle College courses are taken at the high school during the regular school day. You must be currently enrolled in the course at the high school in order to register for the Middle College Program and earn college credit.
2. Courses taken through the Middle College Program may be used for elective credits to meet college graduation requirements and/or earn you advanced standing.
3. The cost is $267.00 per three-credit course.
4. Students in grades 9-12 are eligible to participate as long as they are taking a Fairleigh Dickinson University Middle College-approved course at the high school.
5. You may list courses taken at Fairleigh Dickinson University as college courses on most college applications. It will be at the discretion of the receiving institution to accept or deny these courses.
6. You can participate in the Middle College Program even if you plan on taking an AP Exam.
7. You must receive a final grade of “C” or better in order to receive college credits from Fairleigh Dickinson University for each course.
8. At the conclusion of the academic year, your teacher will submit your final grade for your Middle College course(s) to Fairleigh Dickinson University. Your grade(s) will be recorded on an official FDU transcript.
9. Requesting your official FDU transcript is done by visiting www.getmytranscript.org and selecting “Fairleigh Dickinson University” from the drop-down menu.
10. Should you elect to enroll at Fairleigh Dickinson University, in some cases these credits may transfer in as elective credit and not credits in the major area. While all course credits are accepted by FDU as transfer credits, the equivalencies for these courses and how they will transfer are evaluated on a course-by-course basis. The same practice applies to most college and universities to which you would by applying.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: